What are the treatment options for Acoustic Neuroma (Vestibular Schwannoma) and other skull base tumours?
There are three approaches to the management of skull base tumours. These are:
- ‘Watch, Wait and Rescan’ (monitoring) – this may be suggested following diagnosis if the tumour is small.
- Radiotherapy or radiosurgery
You will usually be involved in the decision about which treatment would be most appropriate for you.
You will find up to date information about all the treatment options on the following websites:
- British Acoustic Neuroma Association Treatment options
- NHS Choices – Acoustic neuroma (Vestibular Schwannoma) Treatment
- Patient UK (Acoustic Neuroma)
- Sheffield Gamma Knife Centre (Shefield Teaching Hospitals (NHS Foundation Trust)